Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ladies, We Have Got to Talk...Again!

I guess some of you have forgotten the first time this was posted. So, we are having a refresher course. Please, please, please read and remember the section on lining the seat with toilet paper and leaving it for the next user. There will be a test...

***

About bathroom etiquette!

Sure, this is uncomfortable for all of us, but I think some need a refresher course. Frankly, I don't care what you do in the privacy of your bathroom at home. Your home, your business. It's what you're doing in public restrooms that's grossing me out. Big time.

I'm breaking us all into two categories: squatters and sitters. If there is another category, please let me know. Personally, I am a sitter. I have short legs and squatting is just not comfortable.

Just a little lesson about the dangers of public restrooms. Urine is sterile. There, I said it. Yes, there are exceptions when people have a bladder or urinary tract infection. Then it is not sterile.

The only way you're going to get some sort of disease or infection from a public toilet is if you sit on a soiled seat with huge, gaping, weepy sores on your butt. If that's the case, we have a lot more to fear from you than you do from the other public bathroom users. Get to a doctor and get that cleared up.

Let's address the squatters first. Sure, you have strong thighs and quads and can keep yourself hovering above the toilet seat. This is fine if you aren't peeing all over the seat. However, if you do make a mess on the toilet seat, PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! Seriously, I am getting tired of coming into the stall after you and either passing it up entirely because you've peed everywhere or having to wipe down the seat before I can even use it.

It's gross. It's messy. It's piggy. You made the mess, clean it up.

Now the sitters. Some of us sit directly on the seat, some of us put down two strips of toilet paper on the seat. Now you have a nice, clean barrier between you and the toilet. Unfortunately, sometimes you leave the nice strips of toilet paper laying on the seat as you pull of your pants and go on your merry way. Again, CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! Remove your paper strips, drop them into the bowl, and flush. Do not just walk out of the stall and think you're done.

Personally, I don't want to deal with half-sodden pieces of toilet paper. When you dangle it into the toilet, the toilet water is wicked up and someone has to deal with that mess. Do it yourself.

Everyone, it takes mere seconds to turn around, assess the mess, and deal with it. Drips? Amazing how a little tissue can fix the problem. Spatter? Again a little toilet paper.

If you've taken your child into a public bathroom, it is your responsibility to clean up after the little one. Little boys spatter. You hate it at home. We hate it in public.

If we would all just clean up after ourselves, it would be a cleaner, healthier, happier world!

(Let's not even talk about the people who use their dirty, gross shoes to flush the toilet. Just what the next person going to flush wants--a handful of floor filth!)

4 comments:

  1. I agree... Its alarming how people leave messes on toilets where they think they are anonymous! Is this what humans are about.. if nobody can track it back to you, you can be as lazy and gross as you want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvin' this! No one could have siad it better! Is there nothing nastier than a women's public bathroom? Why such pigs? And don't even get me started on the feminie products issue here........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have to say, Lil Sis, that I am one of those who use their shoes to flush the toilet. Do you think I want to use my hands after the person before me has used her shoe? I think not. And by the way, I'm teaching my granddaughters to use their shoes. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Greta, that's just gross! lol Remind me to never follow you into a stall!

    ReplyDelete