Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where's My Patience?!

Has anyone seen it? Because it sure as hell isn't here right now!

I am testy and pesky. And Aaron's driving me nuts.

It could be my pre-Spring Break dread. The knowledge that I will be forced to entertain and endure the children for an entire week. I'm sure Jeremy and Jermaine will be off doing track-like things. So that will leave me with Aaron.

I could play Cop Out Mom and keep him entertained in front of the TV, the playstation, the DVD player. But I just can't do it. So I will have to come up with some Fun Family Activities that we can enjoy together.

If it's nice we can go to Cosley Zoo and look at the spring animals. And we'll laugh about the time the cow scared Jermaine senseless and at the chickens with the funny feather hats.

We can see movies. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and "Percy Jackson Lightning Thief" are still showing. But I really really hate spending lots of money at the movies. Aaron requires popcorn--preferrably at the theater that also supplies the cinnamon/sugar or cheddar cheese flavoring--or nachos. Of course, we'll need something to drink.

Of course, if the weather's nice I will have nothing to worry about. I'll just need to keep tabs on where he disappears to. His bike is broken, so I don't have to worry about the acrobatic traffic darting those 11-year old boys prefer.

If you have any suggestions for a fun and fulfilling Spring Break, please share them with me. Share them with all of us!

If I find my patience, I'll let you know if yours is lurking nearby!

1 comment:

  1. My advice - from an old woman who no longer has any rug rats at home - enjoy the break with lots of "bonding" time! I have no idea where the time went or how the kids grew up so fast.......but I kinda miss them...... Enjoy your spring break! But don't break the bank doing it........

    ReplyDelete