Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Vacation...Day 2

Is summer over yet? Because I'm already tired of it! The twins were done with school last Thursday and Aaron at noon on Wednesday.

Since Wednesday it's been nice. Sleeping in. I've been lunching and breakfasting. But being on mother-duty all day is exhausting!

Tuesday's garbage picking by the boys meant the makings of a new ramp. Yes, a ramp. To jump things--like scooters and bikes and skateboards--over. A ramp...

I spent a lot of time Tuesday and Wednesday saying, "This is a really bad idea" and "I don't think this is such a good idea." All three of my boys and the neighborhood kids involved just smiled at me and went about securing it.

I'm thinking they need cement girders to ensure that a 300 pound kids can get over it. But what do I know. I'm just the mom...

Since becoming BuddhaMom, I am doing my best not to squelch creativity. I'm calm...cool...collected...reassuring...

I was also prepared. I had the phone nearby in case I needed 911. My car keys were at the ready in case I had to cart a broken-boned kid to the ER. Luckily, none of that was necessary.

What happened? I'm not even sure if the ramp was the reason, but Aaron fell off his bike and was screaming because he hurt himself. Screaming. Yelling. Wailing. Then when I try to look at it, he screams not to touch it.

At this point, BuddhaMom disappears and ManiacMom emerges. "Is there a bone poking out? Is blood spurting from the wound? No? Then stop your crying and let me put a bandaid on it."

Sometimes I really really like ManiacMom...

No comments:

Post a Comment