Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oops...Errata in the Bread Salad Recipe

I made a giant mistake in the bread salad, in case you were going to follow the recipe! I forgot the garlic! I did edit the post so any new readers will get the correct recipe.

Jim's dad used to make fun of me because I cook EVERYTHING with garlic and Italian seasoning. Tacos...add garlic and a dash of Italian seasoning.

I'm not Italian, but I certainly play one in my kitchen!

What kind of a cook are you? I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of cook. I read a recipe and then just do it myself. Why follow directions? I've made very few recipes that my family won't eat. One was a pasta with peas...that was a culinary disaster. And not just the peas. It was just bad.

I've tried following FoodNetwork star recipes. I have good luck with Paula Dean. Bad luck with Rachel Ray. Not only is she amazingly annoying, there's no way she's cooking these dishes in 30 minutes. I'm just saying...

This week I refuse to cook spaghetti. It's been a staple the past few weeks. It's cheap and Aaron eats it without whining. But I'm tired of it. Plus, it's too dark hot take eat spaghetti. Unless it's spaghetti pasta salad.

Tonight's dinner is pork roast in the crock pot. I just added garlic powder and Italian season (whoda guessed?!). I was going to make a roast with pineapple on it, but Jim nixed that. Since pineapple makes my entire mouth hurt, he thought it best to avoid it. So I'm going plain. I've never cooked a pork roast in the crock pot, but it seems to be doing fine. It smells incredibly good.

I'm also doing baked potatoes in the crock pot. Just wash, wrap in foil, poke and put in the crock pot on high for about four hours. Beats turning on the oven in this heat.

And more bread salad. I'm telling you, this one was a big hit with my family. Although Jeremy has claimed the Oriental Coleslaw as his all time favorite.

Happy Cooking!
susie

No comments:

Post a Comment