Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's Official...

I am the head counselor at Camp Run Amok. At least that's how I'm thinking of myself, my home, and my family!

One week into summer vacation and we've all gotten some bad habits!

Last night, I stayed up until after 2am reading. (I had to finish Iris Johansen's "Deadlock"). Then I slept late. The other mornings I have just slept late because I could, not because I was tired.

The twins are staying up late--3 and 4 in the morning. They watch tv and play computer games. They sleep until noon, eat lunch and then either go to camp or run amok in the neighborhood.

Aaron hasn't read a single word or done one measly little math problem. He wore flannel pajama pants and didn't want to put on shoes when we ran to the Sonic today.

Yes, that was our big outing. Aaron and I went to Sonic for half-price drinks. Then we sat in the car there just yakking and enjoying the shade.

It's not that I don't have ideas. I thought about Cosley Zoo, but I can't go in the sun. I thought about going to an old cemetery to take pictures. No sun. I thought about going to Barnes & Noble and reading magazine. Aaron didn't want to wear shoes.

I came home, emailed my friend Janet, whining that I was bored and took a nap. After playing numerous games of Scramble on my ipod. How can a grown housewife be bored?! There's always something to clean. Laundry in the dryer that needs folding...

I did cook dinner and I wish Jim and the twins would get home quick. It smells good and I'm hungry. I've had a busy day, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment